Are Your Kids Hungry for Fun?
Check out our 16 GTA Locations
Bathurst & College - Bathurst & Lawrence - Beaches - Downtown - East York - Etobicoke - High Park - Markham - Midtown - North York - Richmond Hill - Scarborough - Thornhill - Whitby
Have you been searching for something new, educational and fun to occupy your child this summer? If so, then our cooking camps for kids are for you.
And here’s WHY:
- Children learn life skills and become more independent in and out of the kitchen
- The lessons at our kids’ culinary summer camp are hands-on, team-based and fun
- Our small group sizes guarantee a thorough and intensive education
- Learn about nutrition and gain an appreciation for healthy eating
- Kids learn safe food handling, proper knife handling and chopping techniques, how to follow a recipe
- Camp activities include cooking, baking, arts and crafts, indoor and outdoor games and preparing decorations for each week’s Pop Up Restaurant
- Kids participate in our Pop Up Restaurant, acting as hosts, servers and chefs, preparing a meal for their families to enjoy, gaining REAL restaurant experience
- Campers meet new friends and socialize with other aspiring young chefs
- Our kids cooking summer camp experience creates amazing memories that will remain for years to come!
- No need to send a lunch! Kids prepare and eat their own lunch and snacks
- Summer Camp Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day
What’s Included in the Registration
Our Chef instructors are experienced and passionate culinary professionals, eager to share their knowledge with the younger generation of chefs and inspire young minds. They are also educators with experience working with youth.
Throughout the cooking camp day, campers work through several recipes and prepare their own lunches. The food varies from day to day and includes delicious and nutritious hot meals that all our campers enjoy. Please note that our programs are peanut free and Allergy Aware.
Daily Take-Home Treats
At the end of each camp day, food will be sent home with campers in Tupperware containers. Tupperware containers are to be supplied by the families. Campers get to share their tasty creations with their family! Your children will be delighted to offer you a taste of all their hard work at cooking camp.
A day in the life of a Camper
WE ARE PEANUT FREE AND ALLERGY AWARE
Rooks to Cooks is both Peanut / Tree Nut Free and Allergy Aware! We ask that parents speak to our staff about any known allergies prior to the start of your program. We strive to accommodate all campers and we will work with parents and children to ensure that the necessary precautions have been taken. It is important that all parties (camp staff, parents and campers) clearly understand that, in no way, can we guarantee that we will be able to remove all allergy-inducing ingredients from our recipes.
We also offer optional Before and After camp care services
• Before care from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – $75.00/week
• After care from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. -$75.00/week
• Before & After care 8:00 a.m. – 5:30p.m. – $100.00/week
*Please note that before and after camp care is fully supervised child care only; no organized activities will be provided by the camp staff. Campers not picked up by 5:30 p.m. will be charged $15.00 late fee.
1. Campers learn culinary skills & theory from passionate and experienced Chef instructors
2. We structure our camps like culinary school. Recipe execution will be preceded by a full cooking demonstration by their Chef instructors
3. Campers work in pairs to complete up to 5 daily recipes from scratch
4. We do not work with any processed foods or sauces
5. Our programs are hands on, intensive and FUN
6. Activities are primarily cooking activities, however we do take 2 daily outdoor breaks where we run camp style games & crafts
Our summer camp teams are comprised of 4 staff members: A Lead Chef, a Sous Chef, a Camp Counsellor and a Kitchen Assistant. Our Chef instructors are experienced and passionate culinary professions, eager to share their knowledge with the younger generation of chefs and inspire young minds. Our camp counsellors are enthusiastic and experienced youth workers who bring the camp activities and energy to our culinary classrooms. Our kitchen assistants are there to help and support our campers as they learn new skills and expand their culinary knowledge.
Our Chefs and camp counsellors must obtain their first aid & CPR certification, food handlers course and a clear police check. Our kitchen assistant is required to complete their food handlers course and police check. The majority of our team have graduated from culinary school and or have obtained their red seal certification.