For many years the Rooks to Cooks team has been cooking up ways to educate, inspire, and engage youth and their families through learning to cook. This season we were called to develop a new initiative that would not only teach our families to cook, but more importantly foster connections and relationships within their own family circles and beyond. Food, at the end of the day, has always been and still is the BEST way to connect with others, and our communal love for cooking and baking serves as the perfect way to build relationships and strengthen our community as a whole.
With all this in mind, Rooks to Cooks is pleased to announce the launch of our newest initiative, Virtual Community Workshops! Our community workshops are designed to be more than just virtual workshops featuring our top chef instructors and exciting seasonal menu items to learn. They are a fantastic and inexpensive way to experience the joy of cooking, learning and connecting with other foodie families, and act as an amazing opportunity to empower your chefs-to-be all from the comfort of your own home.
Here's what you need to know:
- Virtual workshops are conducted live on Zoom and led by some of our top chefs including our founder and president, Chef Shai.
- Following registration, 2 weeks prior to your workshop, you will be sent the Zoom link and program package inclusive of detailed grocery lists, prep instructions and recipes. Vegan and gluten-free substitutions have been pre-listed to ensure all families can participate.
- Registration is conducted by household and the cost is only $15.00! Space is limited, so you will want to secure your spot asap to avoid missing out!
List of workshops with dates, times and scheduled instructors can be found below:
- Wednesday, December 6th @ 7:00pm - 8:30pm - Latkes and Apple Sauce with Chef Shai
- Sunday, December 17th @ 12:00pm - 2:00pm - Epic Yule Log with Chef Donna
- Tuesday, December 26th @ 10:00am - 12:00pm - Leftover Turkey Pot Pie with Chef Donna
- Sunday, February 11th @ 3:00pm - 4:30pm - Red Velvet Cake Pops with Chef Shai
- Monday, February 19th @ 9:00am - 10:30am - Epic Family Day Breakfast Spread with Chef Julian
- Sunday, April 21st @ 10:00am - 11:00am - Magnificent Matzah with Chef Shai
- Sunday, May 12th @ 8:30am - 9:30am - Breakfast in Bed for Mom with Chef Donna